On behalf of our client we are looking for an IT Administartor / IT support (m/w) for a data centre. The position is based in Darmstadt and initial contract is one year.
- installation and configuration of operating system and other software, tuning of operating systems parameters to optimize performance
- analysis, planning and performance of Hardware (HW) and Software (SW) upgrades or reconfigurations, taking care of compatibility issues between subsystems
- monitoring of the system performance, investigation into HW and system SW problems and performance of the relevant corrective actions
- ensuring that in case of HW or system SW failures the operational configuration can be restored, including the definition, maintenance, performance of backup procedures
- liaison with the external providers of HW and system SW maintenance for the request and follow up of maintenance interventions
- administration and installation of databases, administration of user accounts
- support to SW development and maintenance in relation to the utilization of system resources
- implementation and maintenance of scripts and/or procedures where applicable for the automated and/or controlled execution of the above activities, generation or update of technical documentation in relation to system upgrades
- provision of stand-by/on-call support, provision of support, as required, to critical operations
- In the performance of the activities the key person shall apply the relevant change control and maintenance procedures.
- In addition to having a university degree in computer science (or equivalent), the
- extensive experience in the administration and troubleshooting of distributed systems. The experience should have been made in an operational or production environment.
- Solaris, Linux (RedHat or SLES)
- High Availability software Sun Cluster and Veritas Cluster
- Sun QFS and SAM-QFS software in HA cluster environments
- IT System design skills
- Preparation of technical documentation in English in a complete and clear manner. Experience with the
- The working language for the position is English and therefore the candidate must be able to work effectively in this language
Good to know you J
Otto - Hesse - Str. 19
T +49 6151 4930716